Planning Law

Rowles Davis LTD can help you with a wide range of planning law issues. Over the years we have given diverse planning advice to private householders, developers, housing associations, holiday and mobile home park owners and local government.

We have particular expertise in acting across the board - for developers, housing associations and local planning, highways and education authorities - in negotiating planning obligations under Section 106 of The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (including affordable housing and agricultural ties).

We also have a great deal of experience in dealing with pre-application negotiations and planning applications and appeals.

Rowles Davis LTD acts for clients in a wide range of planning enforcement matters, from ad hoc advice to more involved cases relating to the issue and revocation of certificates of lawful use.

As well as bricks and mortar development, we have experience of caravan park planning and licensing law and the issue and variation of site licences under The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960.

Applications & Appeals

Section 73 Applications

Section 106 Obligations

We can advise if you need to make a planning application or to appeal against a local planning authority's refusal to grant planning permission.
Section 73 planning permissions grant planning permission for an identical planning permission as the original, save for different conditions.
Section 106 planning obligations may be agreements or undertakings. They are used when valid conditions cannot be imposed.

Planning Conditions


Planning Enforcement

Planning conditions are imposed in order to overcome valid planning objections. Consent should not be refused if conditions which comply with the "5 tests" may be imposed.
Certificates of lawfulness must be issued to confirm that planning enforcement action would not be possible against the existing or proposed use or development.
Planning enforcement may occur if there has been a breach of planning control which is not immune from enforcement and the local authority considers it expedient to enforce.

Agricultural Planning

Renewable Energy

Heritage Planning

Includes agricultural ties, barn conversions, permitted development rights for agricultural buildings, and planning consent for stables.
We can advise on renewable energy projects including wind turbines, solar panels, bio-fuels.
Do you need advice on the need for listed building consent, or about listed building enforcement or development in a conservation area?

Have a question?

Rowles Davis Ltd can advise on a range of planning and highway law issues. Call or email today.